Newtown Township Parks and Recreation Department
Tennis Lessons (ages 4 through adult)
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Come Learn and Play Tennis with Bucks County Tennis Association and Newtown Township Parks & Recreation! Weekly Lessons offered!
ALERT! Tennis Lesson registration closes a week prior! There will be no registration through Parks and Recreation after this date.
Tuesday, August 30th for Fall
- All tennis programs are in affiliation with Bucks County Tennis Association.
- All tennis programs will take place at the tennis courts at Council Rock HS South unless otherwise notified.
- Any cancellations due to weather will be added to the end of the session or at the discretion of the coach.
- Ages are recommendations, if your child has experience and would like to be in a higher aged group, please call the office at 215 968 2800 x239.
- Loaner racquets are available.
- Class size is limited, please register early!
- Registration Deadline is one week prior to the lessons. No exceptions.
QuickStart Tennis for Pee-Wees (ages 4–6) and Little Aces (ages 7–10)
This exciting new play format for learning tennis is designed to bring kids into the game by utilizing specialized equipment, shorter court dimensions and modified scoring—all tailored to age and size. Kids enjoy a fun, motivating introduction to tennis emphasizing fun and play, It's the fast, fun way to get kids into tennis and keep them playing.
Learn, Practice and Play for Juniors (ages 11-13)
Youth beginners and intermediates (participants will be divided into skill levels) can learn/review the fundamentals of tennis techniques and strokes using the USTA’s QuickStart modified courts and equipment. Emphasis is on fun, fitness and play.
Learn, Practice and Play for Adults (ages 14 and up)
Adult beginner and intermediates can learn/review the fundamentals of tennis techniques and strokes in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Emphasis is on fun, fitness, and play.